Your mission-critical software cannot be entrusted to just anyone. It’s your intellectual property, your competitive advantage, your crown jewels. When Coveros builds your software, we don’t do it in a country you’ve never heard of. Or with people you never see. For a decade, Coveros has been building security- and mission-critical applications using agile. Whether you are looking for someone to design, build, test, and deploy your applications completely or blend in with your teams to accelerate your delivery, Coveros can help.
Agile Project Planning
It is a myth that agile teams don’t plan. In fact, following a rigorous agile process often means MORE planning than in traditional software processes, it is just done incrementally. A critical first step in beginning a new agile project is to put in plan an initial release plan that prepares the team to hit the ground running in Sprint 1. To assist organizations new to agile, Coveros can assist you with this planning using our Agile Envision Workshop model.
An Agile Envision Workshop is a series of facilitated initial planning sessions to guide your team through its initial planning activities to get an agile team off on the right foot. Activities in an Envision depend upon the project situation but often include:
- Development of an initial product backlog
- Implementation or update of an overall product architecture
- Implementation or update of a project test strategy that includes a Definition of Done for Stories, Sprints, and Releases
- A Sprint by Sprint release plan based upon organizational priorities
- Installation and implementation of all necessary development, testing, and delivery infrastructure
Secure Agile Development Services
When agile methods are used to build and deliver security-critical applications, it is essential that software security best practices be built into your agile process. Coveros has pioneered a secure agile development process, called Secure Agile, that integrates software security practices into a Scrum and XP-based agile process.
Coveros Secure Agile Process
Our Secure Agile Development service can be delivered in a variety of models depending upon your needs:
- Outsourced Development – Coveros designs, implements, tests, and delivers secure code
- Blended Teams – Our security engineers pair and work with your teams to delivery secure applications while mentoring your staff on secure development approaches
Build Management Implementations
A critical component of any modern agile software development program is automation to support build management and associated continuous integration processes. Whether your development, testing, and production environments are located in data centers, on-premise, or in the cloud, Coveros can help automate and accelerate your build and integration automation. Key services we provide in this area include:
- Branch/Merge Strategies – help establishing a branch/merge process that aligns with your development, test, and delivery processes
- Build Management – automation to support a continuous build process and orchestration of continuous integration capabilities
- Quality gates & dashboards – development of appropriate exit criteria for pipeline activities as well as dashboards to display progress and results
Coveros has significant expertise in many of the build and integration tools, environments, and frameworks used to implement today’s build management process: Jenkins, Git, Subversion, Maven, Sonaqube, AWS, and Azure.
Agile Engineering Coaching
Often software engineers, software testers, and application security personnel are not comfortable with agile design, development, and testing practices. Coveros provides coaches to help improve your agile engineering capabilities in the following areas:
- Test-driven development – work with your software engineers to leverage test-driven development (TDD) approaches for building software
- Agile testing – coach your development and test team on behavioral-driven development (BDD), specification by example, acceptance test driven development (ATDD), and exploratory testing
- Team-based design – work with teams to embrace a team-based design philosophy and incrementally build design artifacts
- Unit testing – work with software developers to create good unit tests and integrate them into existing CI processes
Coveros coaches do more than facilitate. We are believers that your staff learns best by doing alongside others who have done it before and can model proper behavior. Our coaches pair and mentor your staff to accelerate their improvement.