Agile, DevOps, & Testing – Technical Trainer Coach
This role(s) is subject to law, regulation, executive order, or government contract with citizenship/residency restrictions—US Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
United States Applicants Only
Coveros helps organizations build, test, and deliver secure software applications using Agile methods. Our culture is one of teams, collaboration, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and agility. We are looking for people who share our passion to provide customer value and ensure customers succeed. Coveros people are practitioners first, which sets us apart from our competition. As a technical training coach, you’ll deliver training, create new classes that keep pace with the latest trends, and provide coaching and mentoring as a follow-on to training engagements. Coveros believes that learning is training plus practice, and this is reflected in the way Coveros delivers on learning journeys.
The ideal candidate has delivered technical talks and workshops in public and private settings and has experience developing training materials and content. ISTQB CFTL Certification or ability to achieve certification within 2 months of hire.
As a technical training coach for Coveros, you’ll deliver and facilitate Agile, Software Development, and Quality Assurance training both in person and virtually for Coveros’ private and public classes. For some engagements, you will also provide coaching, mentoring, and consulting services as a follow-on to training. Trainers regularly update existing course content and create new courses with a focus on aligning learning objectives with the training materials.
- Deliver training that is in accordance with best practices for adult education
- Advocate the value of and for the advancement of software testing and software development professions
- Identify opportunities to enhance and refine existing classes in the Coveros course catalog
- Active participation in Techwell conferences as an instructor and additional tasks as assigned
- Participate in sales calls as needed
- 5 plus years of experience in agile software development efforts
- Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, or XP
- Experience delivering workshops and talks both virtually and in-person to groups of 5 or more
- Experience Consulting/Coaching individuals and teams
- 5 years of programming or test automation Experience in agile environments
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, equivalent technical degree, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- ISTQB CFTL Certification or ability to achieve certification within 2 months of hire
- Experience developing long-form content (workshops, training)
- DevOps experience
- Experience with instructional design techniques
- Experience using digital educational technology tools (e.g., Mentimeter, Miro/Mural)
Note: We want to talk to those who have a passion for developing the next generation of software development and testing experts, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we urge you to apply. Studies have shown that meeting even 50% of the criteria may make you a great fit!
Coveros is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability.