Technical Manager – Test Automation
Coveros employees share a passion for Test Automation and look to add a like minded, hands-on Technical Manager to its growing team.
Joining Coveros as a Technical Manager with expertise in Test Automation provides an individual who wishes to remain hands-on with technology, the opportunity to lead projects, own customer relationships, and coach and mentor client leadership, teams, and individuals on improving testing practices and automation performance. An exceptional communicator, the Technical Manager excels when translating customer problems and issues in context for a variety of audiences, while maintaining an overall vision of a project’s technical aspects.
You will lead delivery, provide thought leadership, and enjoy opportunities to learn and grow professionally while you work with modern technologies in an Agile environment. Recognized for challenging processes and driving technical improvements, you will also consistently examine ways to improve Coveros’ technical capabilities in your role as Technical Manager – Test Automation.
- Prior experience assessing and improving the quality of software for small to enterprise organizations
- Broad experience in technology tools, products, solutions
- Agile Test & Quality Assurance – Framework architecture, test strategy & design
- Test Automation – Selenium, Junit, TestNG, RSpec, PyTest
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, Gitlab, CI, Bamboo
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Development Methodologies – TDD, ATDD, BDD
- Demonstrated project success in consulting engagements
- Recognized for gaining client trust quickly and earning “trusted advisor” status
- Has led appropriate development and delivery responses amid changing client priorities
- Decisive and persuasive when offering options/solutions to project challenges/obstacles
- Expert concerning company and team processes and methodologies to include understanding principles and theory behind company and team processes and methodologies
- Proactive in identifying client specific process requirements and in leading customization of company processes to fit client needs
- Project Management
- Leads all technical aspects of a project
- Support multiple project teams
- Manage delivery expectations with client to ensure high quality service and delivery
- Manage a team to produce consistently high quality of work deliverables
- Define, for the stories and architecture, appropriate metrics, and tools to capture project data to guide technical direction and decisions by facts
- Project Leadership
- Lead teams, drive team direction, and manage resources
- Actively coach and mentor team members
- Actively develop skills and capabilities of those more junior
- Leverage best practices for meetings to lead balanced discussions to a conclusion or next steps to achieve decisions
- Thought Leadership
- Adapt cutting edge technologies to existing projects
- Participate in industry and company opportunities to speak, author, and instruct
- Business Development
- Identify and investigate additional business opportunities, informing management in support of coordinated team, pursuit efforts
- Author technical components for responses as required by BD or Sales
Education and Experience
- BS in CS, Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred
- 7+ years SDLC experience
- Ability to operate in diverse technical environments. High skill level in Java, .NET, or C/C++, multiple OS and RDBMS and other technologies
- 3+ yrs. consulting experience
Note: We want to talk to those who have a passion for developing the next generation of software development and testing experts, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we urge you to apply. Studies have shown that meeting even 50% of the criteria may make you a great fit!
Coveros is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability.